For the time being I’ve had to stop teaching because of a chronic illness flareup. If you are enquiring about mindfulness courses or classes can you please contact Annie or Carolyn who will be taking over my classes until and well enough to teach again. Thank you
Annie Akasati McAuley
Nick Diggins is a fully certified mindfulness teacher and he has been practicing mindfulness and Buddhist meditation regularly for more than 20 years. He has a passion for sharing mindfulness practice with others and has a warm, friendly and relaxed teaching style.
Nick is a highly experienced teacher having taught more than two hundred mindfulness courses over eleven years. He has also completed a five-year MA training at Bangor University in Teaching Mindfulness-based Courses (with Distinction). As part of this training his teaching has also been rigorously assessed and he has been awarded a Certificate of Competence to Teach Mindfulness Based Courses. He is a mentor Bangor University’s mindfulness Teacher Training Pathway (delivered through the Mindfulness Network), a marker for Bangor University’s Centre for Mindfulness Research and Practice (CMRP) postgraduate programme, and an experienced mindfulness supervisor for the Mindfulness Network. In addition to this Nick is an associate trainer for The Sussex Mindfulness Centre (SMC) – an organization based in the Sussex Partnership NHS Trust which delivers mindfulness training in Sussex.
Nick is listed on the UK Listing of Mindfulness Teachers which is a register of mindfulness teachers who have been able to demonstrate (via an assessment process) that they meet the UK Network of Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organisations ‘Good Practice Guidance for Mindfulness-Based Teachers.’
Interviews with Nick
1) A transcription of Jon Wilde interviewing Nick for the web forum everyday-mindfulness.org.
To read this interview click here.
2) An audio recording of Paul Stones interviewing Nick for Radio Reverb
In teaching mindfulness I follow important ethical principles. These include but are not limited to:
- adhering to the confidentiality agreement detailed in the pre-course booking form available on this website;
- assessing the appropriateness of the courses I teach for each person who applies
- providing thorough orientation information for anyone who applies so they know what the courses involve
- treating all participants with respect and sensitivity to the best of my ability